Friday, June 13, 2008

Nasty Arm


I woke up one day with a light rash that looked like the outline of a butterfly on my arm. And in about a day, it progressed to looking like it does in this picture. It was amazingly symmetric and really weird- it didn't itch but was a little painful...it actually felt like a burn. Although I didn't burn myself. It became quite the conversation piece because noone, Khmer or Western, seemed to have seen anything like it before. The nurse at RDI gave me an antibiotic shot, and put me on a steroid and antibiotics. We've never figured out exactly what it was...but think it was some bacterial skin infection. It looks a lot better now. We'll see what kind of battle wound remains.

2 comments:

Spinning Ninny said...

dude, how's that arm doing?

Erin said...

it's healing...very slowly. now it's really itchy, and peels. i know that's just what you want to hear about.