Friday, February 22, 2008




I was finally able to do some travelling last weekend...a few of us from RDI went to Kep and Rabbit Island. They are little seaside/beach towns on the southern coast. Kep was beautiful- it used to be the most popular beach spot in Cambodia, before the Khmer Rouge destroyed most of the french villas, etc. so you can see the ruins of what looked like beautiful homes. And it's located on the side of a mountain so there are some great views. We then took a boat over to Rabbit Island, which is pretty much the picturesque tropical island, almost a little too so. I kept having to remind myself that this was reality when I was there...we arrived to white sand beaches, perfectly lined with palm trees, straw bungalows, a couple open air "restaurants", hammocks...it was amazing. For lunch I had crab curry on the beach with a crab that they pulled out of the water to make the dish! mmmmm!

No comments: